Type: Fixed Term Contract (6 months)
Location: London / Hybrid
Brand : Econsultancy
A Bit about us….
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading insights and information provider headquartered in Central London.
Our marketing portfolio, Xeim, includes Econsultancy, Marketing Week, Festival of Marketing, Oystercatchers, Creative Review, Design Week, Really B2B and Influencer Intelligence. Econsultancy’s mission is to help customers achieve excellence in digital, marketing and ecommerce through research, training and events. Our subscribers have access to best practice guides, trends reports, market data, case studies and elearning – all focused on helping individuals and enterprises get better at digital, marketing and ecommerce. The subscription offering is supported by consultancy and capabilities services which include training courses, skills assessments and audits. We train and develop thousands of professionals each year and host events that bring the Econsultancy community together.
The Visual Learning Designer works with the editorial and learning teams to create compelling, digital learning content for professionals in digital marketing and eCommerce. Professional Learning is the company’s fastest growing business line and is central to our strategy. Building excellent on-demand learning is vital to our mission of helping marketers achieve excellence for their organisations and themselves.
What you’ll do
You will work with the learning team to develop instructional materials (eLearning, job aids, tutorials, digital interactives, user guides, audio and video materials, storyboards, knowledge checks, et.) that transform information into engaging digital learning.
- Work with internal and/or external subject matter experts to convert text/scripts to visually stimulating learning that’s clear and easy to consume
- Use storyboards from subject matter experts to create decks/simple animations to complement presenters in video learning
- Utilize instructional design frameworks and maintain consistency across training development projects
- Test and refine visual content, based on end-user feedback
- Collaborate to design and produce multimedia materials for integration into courses to include graphics, audio, video, and animation
- Keep up to date on relevant tools, trends, and ideas to offer innovative solutions to instructional technology principles and practices including design thinking, adult learning principles, blended learning, mobile design, and interactive training
Who you are
You love visual design and enjoy using your skills to create content that help people learn effectively. You will have a strong sense for how knowledge is expressed visually and how text, imagery and format work together. You can work independently, take initiative, problem solve, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
You enjoy the creative possibilities inherent in building effective learning. You are good at building professional networks to answer questions and get things done. You’re agile but work with precision to ensure we deliver top-notch customer experiences, always.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in visual design, instructional design, instructional technology with emphasis on design, learning, education, or a related field
- You can translate complex concepts and processes into practical learning using storyboards or informational text
- Experience in designing learning and development solutions; gamification, microlearning, and digital transformation experience are a plus
What You’ll Bring
- Experience in Instructional Design, Learning Development (UI/UX design is a plus) Preference will be given to candidates with two years or more of success working in the field of visual design in higher education
- Demonstrated experience in graphic design or image editing software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
- Experience utilizing a Learning Management System (LMS) to launch learning
- Proficient knowledge and skills on the principles of adult learning and learning development tools
- Strong skills in communication, design theory, copywriting, storytelling, and presenting
- A history of continuous self-development
- Have a strong reputation for accountability, collaboration, and reliability
- Adaptable to change and rapid growth
- Subject matter expert in corporate training tools, and technology while continuously exploring new and innovative approaches
- Degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Distance Learning, or related field is a plus