Title: Senior Business Development Manager (Mat-cover 12 months)
Location: Waterloo, London
A bit about us…
This position sits within the XEIM division of Centaur Media. Xeim exists to achieve excellence in digital, marketing, influence and creativity.
Our name is derived from excellence in marketing and brings together our unrivalled portfolio of market-leading brands who are some of the most recognizable names in thought leadership and bespoke application including, Influencer Intelligence, Fashion Monitor, Year Ahead, Foresight News, Marketing Week, Creative Review, Design Week, Econsultancy, the Festival of Marketing, Oystercatchers and Really B2B.
XEIM’s mission is to advise, inform and connect the modern marketer to accelerate performance. The new structure will enable Centaur to offer enterprise clients a broader range of intelligence and consultancy services in an integrated manner. It will make it possible to provide news content, insight, information, learning courses and benchmarking tools from across the divisions with the aim of offering clients an enhanced service.
XEIM is part of Centaur Media – a main market listed company, primarily based in the UK with approximately 300 employees in offices in Central London and New York.
Ecommerce and digital marketing are receiving significant investments from global brands investing in their marketer’s future. In this fast-moving sector, Econsultancy has an advantage to capture new clients and develop revenue streams. To achieve digital excellence and accelerate growth for our clients Econsultancy offers trends, data, insight, training, inspiration, case studies, and ‘how-to guides’ via Multi-Touch learning.
This position sits at the heart of the Econsultancy new business sales team. The Senior Business Development Manager will lead the identification, qualification and sale of major new business opportunities, focussing on global big brands, driving membership to our Digital Marketing and Ecommerce marketing excellence.
This role will require a high level of proactivity to identify, nurture and develop new business opportunities through existing Xeim resources, current and upcoming marketing campaigns, networking and championing their specific category territory.
What you will be responsible for…
- Consistently hitting and exceeding individual sales targets.
- Hitting and exceeding individual activity requirements needed to achieve monthly sales targets.
- Develop an individual sales plan identifying core sectors/industries and creating a target list of top major multinational and national companies where there are potential, high value, opportunities
- Developing relationships with prospect base, understanding their business and the sector through a consultative approach
- Writing customised sales proposals
- Ensuring maximum revenue generation through effective negotiation to drive consistently high average order values
- Effective pipeline management and accurate forecasting
- Collaborating with team members to identify global group opportunities
- Attending and networking at industry events
- Staying abreast of our editorial content and industry news to knowledgably position our products
What we look for in you…
- Knowledge of marketing, training and learning//development market beneficial
- Commitment to be up to date with industry trends and subsequent challenges/opportunities facing prospective client base
- Demonstrable success in outbound new business development, able to use a consultative sales approach to win new subscription clients
- Consistently closing business and accurately forecasting sales
- Ensuring maximum revenue generation through effective negotiation
- Arranging and presenting at regular client meetings, virtually and/or face to face
What Success looks like…
- Achievement of agreed productivity targets and performance against agreed KPIs
- New business sales – value, volume, average yield
- Client engagements – meetings/demos booked and attended
- Opportunities opened – total volume, value and quality of prospects
What we need from you…
- Experienced in an outbound new business B2B sales role preferably in the subscriptions or SaaS space
- Outstanding conversation skills and commercial awareness
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in digital marketing and ecommerce
- Competitive and keen to develop/refine sales skills
- Motivated to work independently
- Proven track record of meeting sales and activity targets