JOB TITLE: Research Manager
LOCATION: London, Waterloo
How you will help us grow….
Our marketing portfolio, Xeim, includes the brands Marketing Week, Festival of Marketing, Econsultancy, Oystercatchers, Creative Review, Design Week, MarketMakers, Really B2B and Influencer Intelligence.
Through these marketing leading brands, we engage the marketing industry with over 7 million touchpoints per month across proprietary editorial content, digital products, insight and analysis. We know that by advising, informing and connecting the modern marketer with these disciplines, excellence in marketing and business performance will be enhanced.
Throughout the year we have a busy calendar of live and digital events including The Festival of Marketing, Econsultancy Live and the Design Week Awards. Each year these first-class events are a sell out success and with your help we hope to continue to be a leader in the field.
A day in the life of….
The vacancy we’re recruiting for will be part of a team that powers Xeim Lab’s research proposition. It works with major companies (such as Adobe) on global survey projects that signpost some of the biggest digital marketing trends.
From initial stakeholder briefings to designing surveys, report write ups and running webinars to promote our findings, we work across all stages of the research process.
We’re looking for a dynamic, client-facing Research Manager to support across all stages of the production process – ultimately ensuring we produce high quality content that’s insightful and grounded in data!
Who will guide me….?
Our Commercial Research Director will be on hand to guide you through the role. You’ll also be part of a strong research community across XEIM to utilise each other’s skills and knowledge. You’ll also be managing an established direct report who will be able to fill you in on our current approach to research production.
A day in the life of….
Supporting the Research Director to develop new business proposals, ensuring we use the most appropriate research methodology in line with client budget.
- We might call on your technical and subject matter expertise to assist with the development of questionnaires, ensuring they are aligned to research objectives.
- With the help of your direct report, some days may also be taken up by scripting surveys online or cleaning survey data once it’s collected.
- It’s also important that we maintain and develop relationships with third-party providers to expand production capacity when needed, of which you will help manage.
- We also work with freelance report writers, and you’ll support the Research Director by helping to create research outlines our contributors will use to direct write ups.
- You’ll also help edit and fact check resulting reports, ensuring well-written and insightful content that’s grounded in the data at all times.
- We also produce content in-house, and we might call upon you to contribute to reports or blogs based on analysis of survey data or third-party research.
What we need you to have….
- Knowledge of, and passion for, digital marketing and trends in the wider media landscape to help maintain our position as a thought leader.
- Batchelor’s degree or above, ideally in a subject relevant to this role.
- Experience conducting research, with a focus on survey work.
- Experience using survey platforms (we’re not worried about specific platforms, just keen for you to demonstrate aptitude).
- Strong writing, editing and analytics skills in addition to high attention to detail.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
Our teams will say you’re
- Confident when communicating both internally and externally
- A key player in the business and take great pride in your work and the business
- A stickler for detail
- Super focused on achieving your goals