Job Title: Reporter
Brand: Marketing Week
Marketing Week has been at the centre of the marketing industry for more than 40 years, giving us unrivalled authority, trust and integrity.
We are here to provoke debate about the biggest questions in marketing, the stuff that is important. Through our focus and award-winning content, we help marketeers improve their influence and impact.
We spotlight the depth and breadth of what marketers do, whatever industry, whatever challenge. We’re not just a cheerleader though. We’re also the industry’s chief critic, pointing out bad practice as well as good.
As a reporter you will be tasked with helping Marketing Week deliver relevant, exclusive and valuable content to its audience of senior marketers.
- Sourcing, investigating, and delivering content, including but not limited to news, news analysis, data stories, features, profiles as well as social and video content.
- Keeping up to date on the issues and challenges in marketing and in the wider business world.
- Developing a strong contacts network
- Attending and reporting on conferences, roundtables, and industry events for content and to build contacts and context.
- Developing an understanding of social media and how to leverage it to promote content.
- Participating in Marketing Week branded events, Festival of Marketing and Leadership Summit.
- Building own profile and reputation for expertise via social media and by attending external and internal events.
- Supporting Xeim commercial team and Festival of Marketing where necessary by helping deliver partnership content including hosting webinars.
- Supporting Marketing Week in delivering its editorial and business objectives.
- Content consistently sourced and produced to a standard that our audience cannot find elsewhere, helping to drive up subscription, engagement and traffic.
- Develop a contacts and data source network to ensure Marketing Week delivers market-leading news and analysis.
- Constant flow of ideas and concepts that serve our audience’s needs and cannot be found elsewhere.
What we need from you
- Ability to produce accurate content quickly and to deadline
- An innovative approach to content generation and delivery
- Managing competing deadlines
- Ability to generate contacts both in and outside working hours (at events)
- Previous experience in a reporting role.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Collaborative and supportive working style with team members