JOB TITLE: Project Manager
LOCATION: London, Waterloo
A little about us….
Oystercatchers is an industry-leading consultancy specialising in agency search and marketing transformation. A highly networked group of people, the team are immersed in both the agency and brand worlds and are passionate about accelerating marketing performance.
In 2016, Oystercatchers was acquired by Centaur Media plc, one of Britain’s most inspiring and innovative thought leaders in marketing, creativity and digital in 2017. Two of the original founders, Suki Thompson and Richard Robinson, remain at Centaur Media and are actively involved in Oystercatchers through their positions of Executive Director of Xeim and Managing Director of Xeim Engage respectively.
Centaur Media is headquartered in London and has 300 people with operations in the UK and USA, as well as clients who span the globe. Its portfolio of influential businesses is anchored in digital technologies, expert content & insight, and engaging events. Oystercatchers sits as a key part of Xeim, within Centaur Media. Xeim is the name of the brands who exist to deliver excellence in marketing, and include Econsultancy, Marketing Week, Creative Review, Design Week, the Festival of Marketing, the Marketing Week Mini-MBA, Influencer Intelligence and Fashion & Beauty Monitor.
As one of the UK’s leading intermediaries, Oystercatchers advises senior marketers on agency search & selection and marketing transformation and then makes it happen. The unique pitch process leads to long term partnerships between some of the best agencies and brands. Its agile models of marketing transformation are trusted by some of the best known business leaders and marketing professionals to deliver industry leading, client specific solutions.
How you will help us grow….
A Project Manager to take responsibility for projects in our Oystercatchers team and to manage & deliver a number of search and selection projects for clients.
The role involves building close client relationships, often at a senior level, so maturity and great people skills, to engage with clients and deliver outstanding client service, are essential.
It will also necessitate building close ties with Oystercatchers’ consultants, working collaboratively with them to provide outstanding solutions for our clients.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the success of projects and process and will be a central driver of key projects at Oystercatchers, working as part of a close-knit project team.
The role will involve managing all aspects of the project: shaping delivery elements and cost estimates for proposals; managing budgets; and successfully delivering the projects such as briefings, workshops, materials, and feedback to improve learnings.
Who will guide me….?
Our experienced Managing Partner and Client Directors within Oystercatchers
A day in the life of….
- You’ll create and be accountable for the delivery of all Oystercatchers client projects (in conjunction with the Managing Partner and Client Directors)
- You will provide support to the team to ensure efficient scoping, direction, and timing of all projects. You will also be required to provide new business support from time to time.
- You’ll ensure consistent and timely management of projects with the delivery of all services within the agreed budget
- You’ll Keep track of time allocation against budget.
- You’ll be super organised and ensure both internal and external stakeholders are clear on what is needed from them by when
- You’ll keep the ‘train on the track’ and be proactive in managing any issues
- You’ll demonstrate a real enthusiasm for your clients’ business needs, market dynamics and requirements from Oystercatchers
- Foster a strong working relationship with your opposite numbers within the relevant client team
- Develop strong relationships with the agencies so they trust you and will be open and transparent with you and Oystercatchers
Experience you’ll need
- You’ll have experience in managing projects from end to end navigating through change as project develop
- You’ll have experience in client facing roles and be comfortable talking with senior clients and agencies leaders
- You have lots of experience communicating with internal and external stakeholders and know how to build trusting relationships
You’ll know how to…
- …not just do what is asked but determine what is needed and go beyond that! You’re a self-starter, you’ll crack on and we’ll love you for that
- …approach every task with positivity and enthusiasm no matter how big or small it is
- …be agile and flexible, the nature of our business is that things will change quickly so we need you to be agile too. Likewise you’ll be analytical and approach problems in a positive and strategic manner in order to get them resolved quickly
- …be versatile, although you keep a lot of plates spinning at the same time, you manage it well and meet your commitments to the team…..build trust, communicate effectively, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems willingly and creatively, and demonstrate high integrity.