JOB TITLE: Account Manager
LOCATION: London, Waterloo
Oystercatchers is an industry-leading consultancy specialising in agency search and marketing transformation. A highly networked group of people, the team are immersed in both the agency and brand worlds and are passionate about accelerating marketing performance, so much so that the Financial Times has ranked Oystercatchers in the top UK management consultancies for the fourth year running.
As one of the UK’s leading intermediaries, Oystercatchers advises senior marketers on agency search & selection and marketing transformation and then makes it happen. The unique pitch process leads to long term partnerships between some of the best agencies and brands. Its agile models of marketing transformation are trusted by some of the best known business leaders and marketing professionals to deliver industry leading, client specific solutions.
At the heart of the marketing community is the Oystercatchers Club which is a fee-paying members club. Regular private events are held where industry leaders from brands and agencies share knowledge, challenge industry norms, discuss best practice, inspire curious minds, and transform the industry.
How you will help us grow….
We are looking for a dynamic, commercially savvy and committed Oystercatchers Club Manager to join our team. The Oystercatchers Club is an important part of who Oystercatchers are and we need a Club Manager to champion, support and cheerlead for our club members, making sure they get the best out of Oystercatchers & Xeim, and reflecting their experience back into the industry.
We need someone with knowledge of the agency landscape and a real passion for the work, creativity and talent that sits within our industry. Someone with a natural flair for building relationships, who can translate these into mutually beneficial commercial opportunities for all. You’ll take active steps to grow our existing agency relationships by identifying opportunities and coming up with innovative new ideas. You’ll help us to be ahead of the game by monitoring trends in B2B marketing and you will be our go-to expert.
Who will guide me….?
Our experienced and knowledgeable Managing Partner and all your colleagues within Oystercatchers and the Xeim events and marketing team.
A day in the life of….
- The Oystercatchers Club is an integral part of the business, you’ll make sure we retain and renew membership of existing agencies
- You’ll have a solid understanding of the agency landscape and be able to identify and develop contact strategies for agency prospects alongside our Managing Partner and Client Directors
- You’ll know how to develop a premium and engaging member journey, from pipeline to enrolment and renewal. As someone with a creative flair you’ll work alongside our design and marketing teams to come up with marketing collateral that shows off the premium OC brand
- You’ll be super organised and ensure all renewals are up to date and correctly invoiced with regular reports to the Manging Partner
- You’ll make sure our members are kept up to date and feel loved!! You’ll prioritise visits and follow-ups with agencies and be a natural communicator building solid relationships that keep our members engaged with the brand
- You’ll be a fountain of knowledge when it comes to the world of agencies and take the lead in identifying, acquiring and on-boarding new agency members to the club
- You’ll be a natural at networking externally, but also internally with the wider XEIM team. You’ll make sure you regularly liaise and co-ordinate with the XEIM Marketing Team on lead generation and utilise the valuable insight they provide
- You’ll make sure your little black book of senior agency & marketing leaders is up to date, ready for when you need to mine for new opportunities or connect back with previous clients or partnerships
- You’ll be responsible for ensuring senior marketing leaders from across the industry attend our club events, you’ll manage the database and ensure its always kept up to date
- We have an amazing Events team who bring our events to life. You’ll liaise with them on a regular basis to ensure we deliver exceptional events to the highest quality. It’ll be your job to ensure they get a detailed brief and understand our objectives and requirements
- You’ll help develop themes and content for our Oystercatchers Club that inspire senior marketing and agency leaders to attend and participate
- You won’t be afraid of admin and will ensure all visits and meetings are logged in Salesforce and POs are tracked on Agresso
Experience you’ll need…
- You’ll have experience in client facing roles and be comfortable talking with senior clients and agencies leaders
- You might not have masses of business development experience, but you’ll know how to spot commercial opportunities and be confident in your ability to convert leads
- You’ll have lots of experience communicating with external stakeholders and know how to build trusting relationships
You’ll know how to…
- …not just do what is asked but determine what is needed and go beyond that! You’re a self-starter, you’ll crack on and we’ll love you for that
- …approach every task with positivity and enthusiasm no matter how big or small it is
- …be agile and flexible, the nature of our business is that things will change quickly so we need you to be agile too. Likewise you’ll be analytical and approach problems in a positive and strategic manner in order to get them resolved quickly
- …be versatile, although you keep a lot of plates spinning at the same time, you manage it well and meet your commitments to the team