Position Title: Features editor
Brand Portfolio: Marketing Week
Office Location: London / flexible working – in the office at least once per week
Type: One-year Fixed Term Contract
A bit about us…
Part of Centaur Media PLC, Xeim exists to accelerate performance for marketers.
The Xeim portfolio brings together some of the world’s leading marketing brands to deliver best practice business information, thought leadership and specialist consultancy. Xeim includes the brands Marketing Week, Festival of Marketing, Econsultancy, Oystercatchers, Creative Review, Design Week, Really B2B and Influencer Intelligence.
Through these marketing leading brands, we engage the marketing industry with over 6.2 million touchpoints per month across proprietary editorial content, digital products, insight, and analysis. We know that by advising, informing, and connecting the modern marketer with these disciplines, excellence in marketing and business performance will be enhanced.
Centaur Media is a main market listed company, primarily based in the UK with approximately 300 employees in offices in Central London.
About the role….
Marketing Week is hiring an interim Features Editor to help maintain the standard and relevance of its long form content and help it remain the UK’s most respected marketing title and one of the best-known business titles
Marketing Week is 44 years old, and is entering an exciting stage of its development, building out its subscriptions and event offer.
The job holder will help conceive and drive execution of Premium and Non Premium content that will help Marketing Week be the go to title for insight, while helping the title meet its subscription revenue target.
All the while helping it meet its objectives of being relevant, valuable and essential.
You won’t be alone, together with a highly experienced senior team you will play a big role in driving future success but also receive all the support you need to help grow in your career.
You will also enjoy using and developing additional skills such as podcast and event hosting.
Collaboration is key, we are a small team that has a shared sense of purpose so a supportive and willing nature is key.
- Responsible for developing ideas that will generate impactful and agenda-setting long form Premium and non Premium content
- Developing new format ideas that serve evolving customer needs
- Commissioning writers, both internal and freelancers, ensuring they are briefed clearly and contracted correctly so content is filed to a high standard and freelancer use is compliant with company policy
- Deputising for managing editor, working collaboratively with MW team in determining daily email content and agenda
- Chairing editorial and commercial sessions and events where required
- Development of staff writer to ensure they meet their objectives
- Overseeing delivery of new branded products where appropriate
- Editing copy appropriately for all channels, ensuring features are published to the highest standards in keeping with brand standards
- Developing strong networks and expanding industry knowledge through attending and reporting on conferences, roundtables and industry events, acting as an ambassador for Marketing Week
- Representing Marketing Week at key industry events
- Sourcing data and individual contacts that are unknown/unused by competitors in the market to ensure that we are producing unrivalled content
- Keeping up to date with competitor trade titles and the wider business press to ensure they are aware of all relevant issues and context
- Building up contacts and maintaining existing relationships to ensure we meet audience needs
BEHAVIOURS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Proven excellence in feature writing and editing skills gained by experience producing and editing editorial content
- An imaginative and innovative approach to content generation and delivery that includes the ability to spot new ways to present and deliver content in different media
- A desire to oversee and produce content that is agenda setting and exclusive
- A thirst to enhance knowledge of the marketing world and wider business world.
- A user first attitude to content and format
- Ensure content is published to the style and standard of the brand
- Collaborative and supportive working style with peers and direct reports
- Exemplary day-to-day people management skills and leadership skills that inspire confidence in others
- Ability to organise self to work efficiently and manage conflicting priorities and multiple deadlines
- Content consistently sourced and produced to a standard that our audience cannot find elsewhere
- Helping to drive up subscription, engagement and traffic
- Helping Marketing Week maintain its reputation and authority
- Develop a contacts and data source network to ensure Marketing Week delivers market-leading analysis, insight and news
- Constant flow of ideas and concepts that serve our audience’s needs and cannot be found elsewhere