Job Title: Feature writer
Location: London (Waterloo)
Brand Portfolio: Marketing Week
How you will help us grow….
Marketing Week has been at the centre of the marketing industry for more than 40 years, giving us unrivalled authority, trust and integrity.
We are here to provoke debate about the biggest questions in marketing, the stuff that is important. Through our focus and award-winning content, we help marketeers improve their influence and impact.
We spotlight the depth and breadth of what marketers do, whatever industry, whatever challenge. We’re not just a cheerleader though. We’re also the industry’s chief critic, pointing out bad practice as well as good.
The content writer will be responsible for producing on and off-diary content that serves this purpose – including analysis, features, interviews, news podcasts and video – working to tight deadlines to produce exclusive content our readers cannot find elsewhere.
The successful candidate will have the ability to develop and maintain strong industry contacts, as well as a willingness to come up with new content ideas and innovate with how we reach our audience.
You will be responsible for helping Marketing Week’s audience of senior marketers with insight and help deliver the brand’s business objectives.
A day in the life of….
- Sourcing, investigating and delivering content including features, analysis, podcasts and news where required
- Keeping up to date on industry priorities and developing relevant and timely content
- Developing a strong contacts network
- Attending and reporting on conferences, roundtables, and industry events, acting as an ambassador for Marketing Week at all times
- Developing an understanding of social media and how to leverage it to promote content.
- Supporting Xeim Labs and Festival of Marketing by helping deliver partnership and other content
- Presenting Marketing Week branded webinars when necessary as well as sessions at sister title Festival of Marketing where appropriate
What we need you to have….
- Ability to produce accurate content quickly and within deadline
- An imaginative approach to content generation and delivery
- Managing competing deadlines
- Ability to generate contacts both in and outside working hours
- Previous experience in a feature writing role/on a features desk
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Collaborative and supportive working style with peers
Success will be…
- Helping to deliver Marketing Week’s subscription targets
- Content consistently sourced and produced to a standard that our audience cannot find elsewhere, helping to drive up subscriptions, engagement and traffic.
- Develop a contacts and data source network to ensure Marketing Week delivers market-leading features, news and analysis
- Constant flow of ideas and concepts that serve our audience’s needs and cannot be found elsewhere