JOB TITLE: Event Co-ordinator
LOCATION: London, Waterloo
BRAND: Xeim Events
Our marketing portfolio, Xeim, includes the brands Marketing Week, Festival of Marketing, Econsultancy, Oystercatchers, Creative Review, Design Week, MarketMakers, Really B2B and Influencer Intelligence.
Through these marketing leading brands, we engage the marketing industry with over 7 million touchpoints per month across proprietary editorial content, digital products, insight and analysis. By advising, informing and connecting the modern marketer with these disciplines, excellence in marketing and business performance will be enhanced.
Throughout the year we have a busy calendar of live and digital events including The Festival of Marketing, Econsultancy Live and the Design Week Awards. Each year these first-class events are a sell-out success and with your help we hope to continue to be a leader in the field.
How you will help us grow…
You will support the Xeim Event Manager and the Group Head of Awards and Events in the planning and delivery of a variety of annual and bespoke events – from industry-leading awards ceremonies, to meetings, conferences, and parties – on behalf of Xeim’s brands. You will also work with external suppliers and venues, and the Xeim marketing, design, commercial, editorial and conference production teams.
A flexible and positive, helpful attitude are key!
Who will guide me….?
You will work closely with the Xeim Event Manager for day-to-day allocation of tasks, management of your workload and training and guidance.
A day in the life of….
- You will adhere to and maintain project plans (Critical Date pathways)
- You will build online booking forms for each event (for entries, table bookings, delegate bookings etc), in line with GDPR requirements
- You will manage judging processes, including those requiring the logging and management of physical and digital material
- You will ensure all administration for the event is completed in a timely and accurate fashion
- You will deal with incoming enquiries for events and correspond with entrants, judges and table bookers
- You will take a role in onsite event management, which may include overseeing the production team, briefing and liaison with hotel staff, co-ordination of sponsors, co-ordination of temporary staff, ensuring table plans are correct and adhered to etc
- You will attend meetings and produce minutes as necessary
- You will resolve problems where possible and escalate to the Event Manager as necessary
- You will take on additional or specialist tasks/responsibilities under the direction of the Event Manager or Group Head of Awards and Events
- You will research suitable venues, hosts and entertainment for events
- You will work with the Event Manager to negotiate with suppliers, including continued correspondence in the lead up to the event
- You will liaise specifically with the production/AV supplier in pre-production and assist with the staging requirements and asset collation for the event
- You will assist in venue liaison e.g. menu selection, table planning etc
- You will support the commercial project management team who liaise with event sponsors to ensure that packages are honoured – including the accurate reproduction of sponsor branding on event assets
- You will support the marketing team in the implementation of the marketing campaign for each event
- You will work with the design team to co-ordinate the production of high-quality event literature and assets e.g. tickets, programmes, signage – including appropriate branding & messaging, and thorough copy-checking
- You may be asked to act as the first point of contact for clients in the absence of the Event Manager
Accountabilities will vary depending on event format e.g. in-person / digital / hybrid; allocated tasks will be subject to experience and will always be under the close guidance of the Event Manager. Experienced candidates may have the opportunity to take a leading role in organising some of the smaller events in the team’s portfolio including venue contract negotiations and budget management.
What we need you to have….
- Minimum of 1-year experience of organising events OR specific Event Management qualification
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office – particularly Excell
- High levels of numeracy and accuracy and highly developed verbal and written skills
- Excellent communication skills, a confident and professional telephone manner and a friendly, personable approach
- Good organisational and time-management skills including the ability to prioritise and use own initiative to manage conflicting priorities and multiple deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong drive and an ability to work well under pressure
- Strong relationship management skills
- Critical thinking skills
- A flexible and positive, helpful attitude
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; significant work experience can substitute for this
- Experience with Eventsforce
- A sound knowledge of print processes
Success will be…
- Critical dates will be met
- Databases will be maintained, and processes followed, accurately
- Work will be produced to a high standard – accurately and on brief
- All stakeholders – internal and external – will be managed and supported effectively