Job Title: Digital Content Producer, 1 year fixed term contract (maternity cover)
Brand: Marketing Week
Reports to: Deputy Editor
How you will help us grow….
Marketing Week is hiring a digital content producer who will be responsible for increasing awareness of Marketing Week’s purpose, proposition and focus. They will play a big role in driving traffic to the website, increasing engagement and helping to grow subscription numbers. The job holder is responsible for reaching and engaging with audiences across key channels including social media, search, email newsletters and MarketingWeek.com.
The role will involve maintaining and expanding Marketing Week’s social media presence, managing all Marketing Week newsletters, and curating the website, in particular ensuring the best possible look and feel for the homepage and landing pages. It will also involve producing content such as videos, infographics and interactive content, so the postholder needs a solid understanding of what makes a good news story and to be proactive in finding new ways to serve this content to our audience through digital channels.
A day in the life of….
Marketing Week website
- Producing and creating content for articles, including design, image and text formatting and SEO optimisation.
- Sourcing images, media and content for online stories.
- Maintaining the look and feel of the website, in particular how articles and images appear on the homepage and key landing pages.
- Handling comments and queries about the website or content.
- Using social media to develop and execute campaigns that communicate the benefits of Marketing Week
- Managing our Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn accounts, including the distribution of content and responding to audience comments and queries.
- Promoting the Marketing Week brand and those of its sister publications, as well as communicating the subscription offering.
- Looking for opportunities to resurface old content as and when relevant on social media (and in newsletters and on the website), building a narrative around themes or types of content.
- Working with marketing, sales and events teams to promote our events and commercial content projects across digital channels.
- Producing monthly reports on social media performance and engagement, tracking progress against agreed targets.
- Researching social media trends and new technologies and assessing their suitability for Marketing Week.
- Working with the section editors on devising and delivering Marketing Week’s newsletter strategy.
- Creating and distributing daily and weekly email newsletters.
- Monitoring traffic from newsletters and suggesting ways to boost this.
What we need you to have….
- Web production experience including use of programs such as WordPress, Photoshop, ExactTarget and online tools such as Canva.
- Experience running social media accounts, preferably for a newsroom.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to write clear and concise copy.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Editorial production experience.
- Experience of working in a newsroom with journalists.
- An imaginative approach to content generation and delivery across different media.
- Experience of developing and executing social media marketing campaigns.
- Knowledge of and interest in the marketing and advertising industry.
- Newsletter production experience.
- Knowledge of analytics software.
Success will be…
- A more engaged audience on social media as evidenced by comments, likes and shares of our content across channels.
- An increase in traffic to the Marketing Week site from social media, search and newsletters.
- An uplift in digital subscriber numbers.
- Increased engagement with editorial newsletters.
- New and innovative ways to produce and promote content across digital channels including video and social media.