Position Title: Content and Social Media Executive
Brand Portfolio: Econsultancy
Office Location: London / hybrid working – in the office at least once per week
A bit about us…
Part of Centaur Media PLC, Xeim exists to accelerate performance for marketers.
The Xeim portfolio brings together some of the world’s leading marketing brands to deliver best practice business information, thought leadership and specialist consultancy. Xeim includes the brands Marketing Week, Festival of Marketing, Econsultancy, Oystercatchers, Creative Review, Design Week, Really B2B and Influencer Intelligence.
Through these marketing leading brands, we engage the marketing industry with over 6.2 million touchpoints per month across proprietary editorial content, digital products, insight, and analysis. We know that by advising, informing, and connecting the modern marketer with these disciplines, excellence in marketing and business performance will be enhanced.
Centaur Media is a main market listed company, primarily based in the UK with approximately 300 employees in offices in Central London.
About the role
Working with both your marketing colleagues and editorial teams you’ll build a content marketing plan to create brand awareness, engagement and subscriptions/delegates to Econsultancy.
You’ll use the great content produced across the editorial and research team to build your content campaigns across all channels but with a special focus on social media.
Working with the Marketing Manager and the Econsultancy editorial teams you will be the content and social media expert on the team. You’ll love to learn about different types of content needed through the customer journey, the changes in social channels and how you can use them to engage and build loyalty with our marketing audience.
You’ll build strong connections with editorial teams and know what the top stories and interest areas are and use this knowledge to engage with our online readers via different type of content via email, paid campaigns, and social media channels. You’ll also be working closely with our Marketing team to align social media messages with core brand values and messages via other channels.
You’ll know what works and what doesn’t and share this with marketing and editorial teams on a regular basis to improve our content marketing and social media performance.
To ensure success, you will be supported by a broader network of people from the brand and event marketing teams through to our data, digital and automation teams and partners and work closely with the Group Marketing Director.
You will be comfortable working closely with other teams within the business. Collaboration with internal stakeholders who already have relationships with some of these target customers will be extremely important.
- Creating and re purposing content to support the content marketing plan to feed campaigns that span across channels
- Creating and scheduling the newsletter
- Working with the editors on devising and delivering Econsultancy newsletter strategy. Creating and distributing daily and weekly email newsletters.
- Monitoring traffic from newsletters and suggesting ways to boost this.
- Updating the site and adding new stories to social media pages
- Social media management: Finding interesting accounts and sharing cool work from other marketing folk, interacting with followers, participating in conversations (giving the brand a voice on social)
- Creating Twitter quotes and using content generated by the editorial team to distribute and amplify the message, co ordinating response to comment with the editorial team building a regular conversation with our marketing community.
- Use of the social media management tool scheduling regular posts
- Checking that our content marketing campaigns are delivered on time and feedback engagement metrics to the wider Econsultancy team
- Creating and repurposing content working with agencies and internal design to create the right content formats
- Checking that our social content is SEO friendly working with the SEO Manager
- Management of the paid social campaigns aligning organic activity to boost reach and impact across social channels working with the Marketing Managers and digital ad agencies.
- Content Marketing and Social reporting: How Econsultancy content and social media channels have been performing looking at top articles from the month, Instagram posts, content post format and sharing key learnings on what is working well and where to improve across both marketing and editorial teams
- Sponsored Content (uploading, sharing on social and newsletters)
- Promoting Econsultancy events and marketing campaigns
- Feeding into a wider Xeim content marketing and social media strategy
- Complete regular digital audits/data analysis on what is working on our content campaigns and on social channels
- Developing the newsletter performance
- Working the editor, marketing manager and SEO Manager to improve the website and editorial performance making sure the content on the web sites is accessible to readers and debugging any issues (with the support of the SEO and Digital team).
Behaviours and Knowledge
- Great content creation skills and a love of writing
- An experienced social media executive with a deep knowledge of Facebook, Insta, TikTok, LinkedIn and YouTube
- A good understanding of wider marketing channels and how social media connects to them to create a consistent and compelling story
- Web production experience including use of programmes such as WordPress, Photoshop, ExactTarget and online tools such as Canva.
- Experience running social media accounts, preferably for a newsroom.
- Understanding of email marketing best practice
- Solid knowledge of SEO and paid social
- Analytical mind with the ability to unlock meaning and trends using data and sharing this information in a way that helps build understanding and improved performance of social media and email marketing
- Experience of working in a busy environment with a history to consistently achieve targets
- A quick learner with intellectual curiosity who can understand different markets and subject matter quickly
- Versatile being able to coordinate multiple tasks and deadlines, as well as keep accurate records
- A collaborator able to work with a variety of people and teams both internally and externally
- A team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude who can work across matrix organisations
- Exceptional professionalism, strong marketing experience and attention to detail are a must with someone driven to develop strong relationships and actively seek out new opportunities to grow and develop our offering.
- Proven ability to build, monitor and deliver content marketing programmes and social media marketing campaigns
- Building engagement and loyalty with our marketing community across Econsultancy
- Showing how content and social media impacts and increases subscription and delegate revenues
- A more engaged audience on social media as evidenced by comments, likes and shares of our content across channels.
- An increase in traffic to the Econsultancy website from content marketing campaigns, social media, search, and newsletters.
- An uplift in digital subscriber numbers.
- Increased engagement with editorial newsletters.
- New and innovative ways to produce and promote content across digital channels including video and social media.
- Demonstrating an ability to learn and improve marketing campaign performance
- Taking time to keep your skills and marketing knowledge up to date