Job Title: Commercial Content Editor
Location: Waterloo (Hybrid working)
Brand: Xeim Labs
A little about us…
Xeim Labs is the commercial partnerships division serving the marketing and creative brands owned by Centaur Media – including Econsultancy, Marketing Week, Creative Review, Design Week and the Festival of Marketing. We’re investing in content to continue on our impressive growth trajectory, and so we’re recruiting for an exciting new role as an integral member of this collaborative, friendly and high-performing team.
You’ll work alongside journalists, researchers, sales people, marketers and clients – and more – primarily to grow the commercial content and research business for Econsultancy and its Econsultancy Live event, but with potential to see your work take pride of place on Marketing Week too.
Purpose of role
Working within Xeim Labs’ content hub, you’ll be responsible for devising, pitching and creating commercial content that achieves clients’ objectives, while creating real value for our audiences of marketing, digital and ecommerce professionals – with the overall aim of growing Xeim’s commercial content revenues. This will be a hybrid role, based partly in the office at Waterloo and partly from home.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, adaptable content creator to take a high-level of responsibility and ownership of content strategies and ideas, and bring them to life in creative, innovative ways across multiple formats. You’ll be involved at all stages of content campaigns, from brief-taking, idea generation and pitching with sales colleagues, right through to delivery.
You’ll work closely with project managers to ensure content creation is properly resourced, and delivered on time and on budget, whether creating it yourself or commissioning freelancers.
- Generating ideas for content partnerships, and working on proposals alongside sales and content colleagues to pitch directly to clients
- Identifying potential content partnership opportunities, and aligning commercial content with key editorial themes and projects
- Devising content ideas for the right formats and product offerings to achieve the client brief and serve audience needs
Content creation, editing and commissioning
- Taking briefs from sales people and directly from clients, then developing end-to-end content strategies to achieve commercial objectives and engage audiences
- Creating content across multiple formats, including articles, research reports, live and digital events, and audiovisual (eg podcasts, videos)
- Commissioning and briefing freelancers to create content where necessary
- Advising clients on topics, headlines, synopses and speakers/contributors for event sessions and client-supplied articles
- Editing content from clients to ensure it is engaging, insightful and relevant to the audience, and in keeping with editorial house style
- Confidence to independently make and justify recommendations for content ideas and formats, based on both client and audience needs, speaking to clients as well as internal stakeholders
- Familiarity with different kinds of content creation and their roles (eg research reports, articles, live/digital events, podcasts, videos)
- Analytical and creative – you’ll have aptitude for both numbers and words, able to come up with visionary ideas and relate them to what clients need to achieve, as well as translating data and technical information into valuable insights and storytelling
- Willing and able to prioritise, adapt and learn quickly – you might not know how to do everything required of you immediately, but you’ll have a growth mindset and the capacity to develop your skills
- Willing and able to build client and internal stakeholder relationships, through listening and learning as well as making confident judgement calls
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, working with multiple stakeholders and external contributors
- Knowledge and understanding of marketing, digital and ecommerce. You’ll be capable of learning and understand concepts such as CLV, CRM and CPA and their implications quickly, if you don’t know them already
- Attention to detail combined with big-picture thinking
Part of Centaur Media, Xeim helps our clients achieve Excellence in marketing. We do this by providing the marketing intelligence, advice and connections that professionals in our sector need to stand apart from their peers. Our range of products and services is unrivalled, offering customers business intelligence and expertise, consultancy and training, and lead generation and events.
We’re based at WeWork in Waterloo, with views overlooking the Thames and office benefits such as arcade games and free drinks including barista coffee, beer and non-alcoholic drinks. The team works in a hybrid way, currently based in the office around one to two days per week.