Job Title: Commercial Content Editor (events)
Brand: Xeim Labs
Xeim Labs is the commercial partnerships division serving the marketing and creative brands owned by Centaur Media – including the Festival of Marketing, Marketing Week, Creative Review, Econsultancy and Design Week. We’re investing in content to continue our impressive growth trajectory, and so we’re recruiting for an exciting new role as an integral member of this collaborative, friendly and high-performing team.
You’ll work alongside event producers, editors, sales people, marketers and more to maximise the editorial and commercial effectiveness of our clients’ content at the Festival of Marketing, as well as at a wider annual programme of hybrid events that fit into content strategies reaching across our whole portfolio of brands.
Purpose of role
Working within Xeim Labs’ content hub, you’ll be responsible for devising, pitching and creating commercial content that achieves clients’ objectives, while creating real value for our audiences – with the overall aim of growing Xeim’s commercial content revenues. This will be a hybrid role, based partly in the office at Waterloo and partly from home.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, adaptable content creator to take a high-level of responsibility and ownership of content strategies and ideas, and bring them to life in creative, innovative ways in a variety of digital and in-person event formats, both at our flagship biannual events and in always-on content throughout the year. You’ll be involved at all stages of content campaigns, from brief-taking, idea generation and pitching with sales colleagues, right through to delivery.
You’ll work closely with project managers to ensure clients’ event content meets high editorial standards, achieving high engagement and dwell times and positioning them as thought leaders.
- Generating ideas for content partnerships, and working on proposals alongside sales and content colleagues to pitch directly to clients
- Identifying potential content partnership opportunities, and aligning commercial content with the key themes of the Festival, as well as our editorial brands – Marketing Week, Econsultancy, Creative Review and Design Week
- Devising content ideas for the right event and experiential formats to achieve the client brief and serve audience needs
Content creation, editing and commissioning
- Taking briefs from sales people and directly from clients, then developing content to achieve commercial objectives and engage audiences
- Working with clients, and the event content and production teams, to create live and digital content sessions, as well as innovative experiential activations
- Advising clients on topics, headlines, synopses and effective storytelling, and scripting content when needed
- Suggesting and sourcing panellists and moderators for select premium clients – and potentially moderating sessions and Q&As yourself
- Suggesting revisions to client content to ensure it is engaging, insightful and relevant to the audience, and in keeping with editorial themes
- Confidence to independently make and justify recommendations for content ideas and formats, based on both client and audience needs, speaking to clients and internal stakeholders
- Familiarity with different kinds of live content, including digital, in-person and hybrid
- Analytical and creative – you’ll be able to come up with visionary ideas and relate them to what clients need to achieve, as well as translating data and technical information into valuable insights and storytelling
- You’ll have a growth mindset – the capacity to develop your skills and areas of knowledge
- Willing and able to build client and internal stakeholder relationships, through listening and learning as well as making confident judgement calls
- Ability to manage multiple clients projects concurrently, working with multiple stakeholders and external contributors
- Knowledge and understanding of marketing, digital and ecommerce. You’ll be capable of learning and understand concepts such as CLV, CRM and CPA and their implications quickly, if you don’t know them already
- Attention to detail combined with big-picture thinking
Part of Centaur Media, Xeim helps our clients achieve Excellence in marketing. We do this by providing the marketing intelligence, advice and connections that professionals in our sector need to stand apart from their peers. Our range of products and services is unrivalled, offering customers business intelligence and expertise, consultancy and training, and lead generation and events.
We’re based at WeWork in Waterloo, with views overlooking the Thames and office benefits such as arcade games and free drinks including barista coffee, beer and non-alcoholic drinks. We work in a hybrid way, currently based in the office around one to two days per week.