Job title: Account Director (mat cover)
Location: London, Waterloo (hybrid)
Who are we…?
Our name is a bit of a curveball. It’s easy for people to assume we’re just another consulting house. In fact, we’re much more than that, and in everything we do there are always two things that drive us: our content and our community.
Our award-winning content and thought leadership in Modern Marketing is what makes our blog, events, training and consultancy highly sought after. Our community means that we can always find the right expert for any challenge…and crowdsource the answers when we don’t. Simply put, we love empowering millions of Marketers to achieve excellence in everything they do.
Our customers come to us to build their knowledge, their teams’ capabilities, validate decisions and benchmark their activity. They know they can trust us to provide independent advice. Without mincing our words.
How you will help us grow…
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Account Manager to join an ambitious team at Econsultancy. You will have ownership of approximately 100 accounts across several verticals. The successful candidate will be responsible for retention of large group subscription agreements, as well as cross selling our suite of training products.
Working closely alongside our Customer Success team to define and execute ‘customer success plans’ to ensure your clients derive maximum ROI from the subscription. Achieving a strong renewal rate and upgrading these accounts to higher yield subscriptions with additional user licenses and benefits will contribute significantly to the ambitious growth the Econsultancy sales team is aiming for in 2023 and beyond.
A day in the life of….
• You’ll maintain a strong renewal rate, consistently close business and accurately forecast sales.
• You’ll build, nurture and leverage strong client relationships that lead to ongoing and repeatable business year on year.
• You’ll develop compelling and powerful proposals that bring the Econsultancy subscription and custom training proposition to life.
• You’ll support and lead pitch processes and calls with senior Marketing, Digital and Ecommerce clients.
• You’ll demonstrate outstanding presentation skills (both visually via PPT and verbally) to ensure high success-rate of qualified leads becoming closed/won business. Ability to persuasively deliver pitches and presentations to senior level clients. Adept in virtual and F2F environments.
• You’ll ensure maximum revenue generation through effective negotiation and engagement of multiple stakeholders.
• You’ll meet individual and team targets.
• You’ll ensure that you maintain a deep and holistic understanding of total Econsultancy products (Multitouch Leaning, Content Platform, Sponsored Research) as well as the wider Xeim and Centaur portfolio.
• You’ll work collaboratively with Commercial teams, Account Management colleagues, Customer Success team and our Research Analysts to meet client requirements, identify the most lucrative opportunities and close sales.
• You’ll work closely with our Customer Success team to help deliver exceptional account management to your clients.
• You’ll have a keen eye for detail and ensure forecasting, closing sales and keeping internal documents and Salesforce up to date are completed diligently.
What we expect from you….
• A strong track record in B2B sales role preferably business information or subscriptions (retention).
• The ability to command respect and communicate with senior clients without support.
• An entrepreneurial flair with a positive attitude.
• A confident, articulate and proactive thinker.
• Self-motivated and capable of hands-on problem solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions, and ensure exceptional culture of client service.
• Outstanding conversation skills, commercial acumen and adept at uncovering prospects’ business challenges.
• Excellent communication & presentation skills (verbal, digital & visual).
• Interest in all things digital (or excited to learn).
• Motivation to work independently and closely with colleagues.
• Proven team player.
• Positive attitude to dealing with people.
• Able to communicate with senior clients and find workable solutions when challenges occur.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Competitive salary with significant OTE potential
- 25 days holiday, increasing by one day p.a. to a maximum of 30 days for every year served
- Medicash health plan
- Stunning Waterloo offices with views of the Thames plus complimentary barista coffee / free bar / table tennis tables – the works
- Complimentary access to accredited training programmes worth thousands of pounds including our Mini MBA
- Active Diversity and Inclusivity agenda (DICE – Diversity Inclusion, Culture, Engagement)
- Annual Wellness Day
- Share Incentive Plan
- Give as you Earn Scheme