Job Title: Event Content Manager
Brand: Marketing Week
A bit about us
Xeim is part of Centaur Media PLC, Xeim exists to accelerate performance for marketers.
The Xeim portfolio brings together some of the world’s leading marketing brands to deliver best practice business information, thought leadership and specialist consultancy. Xeim includes the brands Marketing Week, Festival of Marketing, Econsultancy, Oystercatchers, Creative Review, Design Week, Really B2B and Influencer Intelligence.
Through these marketing leading brands, we engage the marketing industry with over 6.2 million touchpoints per month across proprietary editorial content, digital products, insight, and analysis. We know that by advising, informing, and connecting the modern marketer with these disciplines, excellence in marketing and business performance will be enhanced.
Centaur Media is a main market listed company, primarily based in the UK with approximately 250 employees in offices in Central London.
The jobholder will deliver a programme of content for Marketing Week branded events, including Festival of Marketing and Leadership Summit that address the needs of marketers and sponsors to a standard that can’t be found elsewhere.
What you will be doing
- Working with Marketing Week’s Editor in Chief, to identify key themes, subjects and recruit relevant speakers for events.
- Managing and conducting research with the event Advisory Board through workshop sessions to identify opportunities for development of content.
- To work with speakers on session themes with speakers write title and synopsis copy.
- To provide consultancy to commercial clients on content direction and delivery
- To ensure all speaker acquisition deadlines are hit in line with marketing email announcements.
- To work with delegate acquisition and marketing teams to ensure a good understanding of the agenda so they can build effective marketing communications campaigns.
- To manage the recruitment of high-profile headline speakers.
- Manging the event speaker budget.
- To manage the payment process for paid for speakers.
- Working with external production companies to ensure success delivery of content sessions.
- To help with delivery of off and online events.
- To conceive new event formats and features.
- Review and analyse delegate feedback on content and identify areas for development and improvement.
What we need from you
- Experience of managing content production for both in-person and virtual conferences.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Understanding of commercial needs and requirements.
- Ability to manage internal and external stakeholders.
- Confidence to talk about technical subjects with leading experts.
- Ability to quickly get to grips with key issues in an industry quickly.
- A desire to learn about changes in marketing.
What success looks like
- Help deliver best in class content in line with event strategy that helps deliver targeted revenue.
- Continued improvement towards building an inclusive and diverse agenda.
- Satisfaction with content (to be measured by NPS scores and qualitative research).
- Depth of engagement with content (to be measured by interaction through Q and A and social media reaction).
- Speaker experience (to be measured by qual and quant research post event).
- Commercial client satisfaction (to be measured by qual and quant research post event about content production and delivery).
What we can offer you
- 25 days holiday, increasing by one day p.a. to a maximum of 30 days for every year served
- Medicash health plan
- Stunning Waterloo offices with views of the Thames plus complimentary barista coffee / free bar / table tennis tables – the works
- Complimentary access to accredited training programmes worth thousands of pounds including our Mini MBA
- Active Diversity and Inclusivity agenda (DICE – Diversity Inclusion, Culture, Engagement)
- Annual Wellness Day
- Share Incentive Plan
- Give as you Earn Scheme